Monday, May 21, 2012

Things I've Googled Lately

1. "YOLO."

2. "Fracking." One of my Facebook friends casually used this in a status, and according to my research, it's kinda scary. (Somewhat related: DID YOU KNOW that we mine helium? And so therefore we can have a shortage of helium? This recently happened. Kinda makes you wanna think twice about inhaling it just to have a funny voice?)

3. "tl;dr." This upsets the very core of my English major. It also makes me feel very old, because upon Googling, I shook my fist at my iPhone and said, "Kids these days!" and then took a big gulp of my Metamucil.

4. "Weather." Every morning. Because how the hell am I supposed to dress this time of year? 42 degress in the morning but 89 degrees by 4pm? I cannot win. There is not an App for that.

5. "How to download books to the Kindle iPhone App." I can't find how to download new books, only how to upload books from a Kindle account. Welp, my dog ate my Kindle... but I can't find that in the help section!

6. "John Travolta scandal." WTF?

7. "Raw mint chocolate cheesecake." My recipe wheels are turnin'.

8. "Cute pill organizer."  This search came up inconclusive. I take so many damn supplements (so it needs to large), and I want to keep them in my purse (so it can't be too large), but I also want it to be cute. Allison... I found an idea for a third website!

9. "Cute comfortable brown leather flats that are on sale." In a moment of desperation, I just typed in exactly what I wanted... and you guys, it actually worked! Behold.

10. "Words ending in Z." Don't even tell me you've never Googled when playing Words With Friends! I rarely resort to this (English major pride again) but when you can get a triple-letter score on a Q and a triple-word score but the word must end in Z, you are going to bust out the Google, am I right? (You'll also then curse your iPhone addiction, because, duh, QUIZ.)

No comments:

Post a Comment