Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Confessions

1.  I've recently started taking an hour nap when I get home from work. Usually that's a no-no, as it often times messes up my sleep that evening, but it hasn't affected anything. I wake up at 6 or 6:30 and go about my evening. I've been listening to my body and it's working. 

2.  I only want to change my name when I get married if my husband's name is really awesome. Bobbi McGee, yes. Bobbi Brown, maybe. Bobbi Johnson, eh. Bobbi Gyllenhaal, hell yes. Bobbi Brady, no.

3.  I'm alone a lot. And when you're alone a lot you have to choose your thoughts wisely. This is sometimes difficult for me--the choosing-the-thoughts part, not the being-alone part. When you're alone, there is no one to cheer you up or say, hey here's another way to look at that. Except for a 3-month-long period right after I bought my house, I have always loved being and living alone. I still do. In fact, it's pretty necessary sometimes. But I've been straying some with the positive thinking lately. The bright side (hey, look at me pointing out the bright side!) is that I'm aware of it and that makes me less likely to stray and more likely to steer myself back in the right direction when I begin to dwell.

4. I spent 45 minutes yesterday unsubscribing from places I've previously asked to send me email.  It was kind of like when you go a little nutty and before you know it, your whole house is sparkling clean (which has happened to me maybe twice in my adult life). I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't stand the state of my inbox at that moment. Fairwell, marketers.

5. I've never cut my own grass and I never really intend to. I'm pretty sure I'd be the girl who ran over her own foot. Begging my brother to help me out is much safer for all involved. 

6. I'm attending seven weddings this summer and do not plan to find a plus-one for any of them. This is equal parts terrifying and liberating.  If anyone gets married in 2013, there is a strong chance I may be in Brazil that weekend. Working on finding my plus-one.

7. I have been patiently waiting for two avocados to ripen since Saturday. It's embarrassing to confess how much of my time I've spent thinking about those avocados. I've even tried the banana-in-a-brown-paper-bag method. If all goes according to plan, I will be rolling in the guacamole for the next two days.

8. If eating homemade honey-almond butter by the spoonful is wrong, I don't wanna be right. Speaking of honey, I think I may have to start wearing a disguise when I stop by the co-op bulk honey stand. If you see a brunette in a 'stache in the bulk food aisle loading up on honey, please look the other way.

9. I'm kinda anti-social on Facebook. I would wager to guess that about 30% of my Facebook friends are unsubscribed on my feed (I just don't want to hear what you had for breakfast/whether or not your child's poop was normal this morning/how much you love your boyfriend of 2 months), and about 15% can't see my wall or pictures. I'm careful to post only things I would say in front of my Grandma on Facebook, but if there's a chance you might actually bring it up to my Grandma, you're blocked.

10. Sometimes it feels a little selfish to have a hot tub of my own. But then I turn up the jets and I practice choosing my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment