Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bobbi Lately

I'm a lazy blogger--this whole numbered/bulleted streak I'm on makes posting incredibly easy.
  • Lately, I'm obsessed with drinking aloe. Don't knock it 'til you try it.  It started when the Co-op had Alo drinks on sale, but morphed into a full-blown addiction when I stumbled upon this Aloe Cocktail. Now my brain is on fire coming up with aloe cocktails of my own. Currently experimenting with Tart Cherry Juice for a yin-yang effect. So far 3 tbsp tart cherry + plus 4 tbsp whole-leaf aloe gel + juice of one lemon + club soda is the winner. It's really light, and is good for digestion and joint health, so winner-winner.

  • Lately, I've been walking in the morning.  With my wonderful friend, Allison, and our two equally hilarious dogs. She takes the reins of Henley so that I don't have that additional strain on my body. It's been wonderful to start each morning swinging my arms freely (walking Rubin, who is approximately 1/9th the size of Henley), inhaling the fresh air and chatting with a supportive friend who shares a lot of my obsessions. It's also nice to walk into work feeling awake and ready to deal with people.

  • Lately, I've been on the phone. With my insurance company, with my doctors and with the good people at Mayo Clinic. I'm trying to get a second (third? fourth?) opinion and an appointment with ONE doctor who can be my advocate and coordinate whatever comes next. No one is making this easy, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you. News flash, the health care system is jacked up.


  • Lately, I've been feeling a little more wing-y than root-y. Restless, confident, ready for something.

  • Lately, I've been sprucing up my dining room. I wanted a tribal/travel/color explosion theme. I'm close, and pictures will be posted shortly.

  • Lately, I've been wondering if maybe John Mayer has been hanging out on a dusty shelf  in my heart. My friend Eric said, "This album is on point with the lonely well-intended generation." I adore Eric and I adore John, so of course I downloaded as soon as I got a free moment, and gees louise, Mr. Mayer, get out of my head. Pretty sure I am an architect of days that haven't happened yet is my tagline and this is my theme song:
You are hiding in your mind / Working all the time / To make it better than you got it / You been spending all your time / Searching for a sign / That's never gonna look the way you want it / Think you better wise up, boy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment