Thursday, July 12, 2012

Girl Crush: Sarah Kay

You guys, I love me some Sarah Kay.

I came across Sarah by way of TED. I love me some TED.

Sarah Kay is a New York poet, performer and spoken word poetry teacher. What I love about Sarah is that you learn a lot about her through her art. You see who she was, who she is, and who she wants to be, all from a few minutes of spoken word.

For that reason, I'm not going to tell you much about this girl crush. She can say it so much better than I ever could.

Here are my three favorite videos, but don't hesitate to spend some time poking around her website and getting to know Sarah a little better.

"Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air."

"There is a girl who still writes you. She doesn't know how not to."

"I've been thinking for far too long with my heart instead of my head, and I think people might be starting to notice".

No comments:

Post a Comment