Monday, October 27, 2014

Woots and Rings: All mixed up

It's been another whirlwind month. Back-to-back weekends with visitors from home, a weekend visiting a close friend in Denver, followed by a flurry of activities with Chicago friends. 

I took a train through every stop along the roots and wings spectrum, soaked up some love in each station, and Choo Choo! Last stop: My couch.

Another love hangover? I don't know, I just know my roots and my wings are so mixed up right now that I can't tell one from the other. I don't know where I'm going, and I don't know where I've been, exactly. I just know I am right here, feeling all the feelings, contemplating all of the contemplations, surrounded by a lot of people who love me the very best way they know how.

-

A recent conversation with my mom can be summed up in two of her responses:
"You know, Bobbi, you're able to articulate things that are hard for others to even know they're feeling."
"You're strangely good at compartmentalizing."
Um. Yeah. Yep. Leave it to Mom. There it is. I am complicated. And really uncomfortable when things aren't in their assigned boxes.

-

But I am also very grateful. For the roots in my life who recently gave me unexpected pep talks for growth. For the wings in my life who recently grounded me when I was flailing.


For the silver, for the gold, and for the people and situations who escape the boxes but unfailingly deliver the most important lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment