Friday, September 27, 2013

Bobbi Lately

Every time I feel compelled to write a Bobbi Lately post, I realize the seasons are turning.

I had an incredible summer in Chicago, filled with lots of drinks on patios and lots of shenanigans with some impossibly fun people. I definitely found my groove these past few months and it all involved a lot of saying 'yes'. Yes, I'll meet you for brunch. Yes, let's check out that festival. Yes, I'm game for three nights in a row (#YOLO). Yes, yes, yes.

As the weather has started to turn cooler, I can feel myself pulling back a little. Maybe it's the new apartment, having a place I actually want to hang around, but maybe it's also that I'm feeling a little more comfortable with my life here. I don't have to say yes all the time because the invitations will keep coming even if I say no, I'm staying in on Friday. I can lay low without the dreaded #FOMO. 

So, I'm looking forward to a calmer fall. Having girlfriends over for dinner. Taking Henley on chilly runs down my new running path. I bought a Groupon for 30 yoga classes for $39 at a studio called Yoga for the People, and I can't wait to see what kind of hippie dippie stuff my instructor Dmitri has in store for us. Also: Tights! Boots! Sweaters! Mittens!

 Me too.

I think there is something to be said for being in a happy place in your life. Namely, that you don't long for other seasons. You can walk gracefully into a new season without worrying if you savored every last drop of the one you're walking out of. As my dad would say, that's clean living.

No comments:

Post a Comment