Thursday, June 6, 2013

Confessions

  • While I've got the discipline of running down, the rest of my workouts have been hard fought. The other day I went to yoga only because its near Whole Foods and I wanted a kombucha. I don't know what this says about me. I'm a lazy hippie with expensive taste in digestive self care?

Ha. Haaaa. Confession: I find this incredibly funny. The em dash!
  • The first two times I heard a squawking noise in my cubicle row, I earnestly hoped that someone was visiting with a bird. Only the third time did I concede that it was probably a cell phone chime. (Come on, it would be SO cool if someone was visiting with a parrot.)

  • The frequency with which I use Wikipedia for work would shock and, I suspect, enrage my English professors.

  • I have edited my Match.com profile more often than my resume. Part of me just wants to link to my blog and be like, "If you think you can handle that, give me a holler."

  • There is a corridor outside my work building, a little park with a fountain and greenery, with plenty of places for people to sit and eat lunch. Every Wednesday in the summertime, a farmer's market takes over, with fresh veggies, aged balsamic vinegars and olive oils, stinky cheeses, and fresh-baked crusty baguettes. This past Wednesday was the first showing, and I was in my glory. I tried to keep my cool around my coworkers, but at the end of the loop, I squealed, "I think this is the best day of my life!" And it kind of was.

  • I am going to be a ridiculous mother. A note from the dog walker that said "Henley was a good girl today. A little girl gave her Cheerios." almost made me cry. A little girl gave her Cheerios! She was probably so happy and so gentle, if a little too excited! Forgive me for being that parent. Cheerios! A little girl! I can't. even.

No comments:

Post a Comment