Sunday, February 17, 2013

Quoteworthy: Be You

Being new and meeting so many people makes you so self-aware. It's been a long time since I've been so cautious about what words come out of my mouth and what I share with people I talk to. I vacillate between clamming up and putting up walls and yearning to share more of my personality. It's strange, being new.

As someone who has to make it a point to not live in her head all the time, this has been an interesting week. A week full of growth, though--a week full of stretching. In an effort to come out of my shell a bit and let people get to know the full, unedited Bobbi, I've gathered some quotes about being yourself.  You can't shine, after all, unless you're being real.
   

"I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be." --F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter." --Dr. Suess

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be someone who hates peaches." --Dita Von Teese

"The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them." --Anonymous

"If you want to sing out, sing out. If you want to be free, be free. There's a million things to be. You know that there are." --Cat Stevens


Authentic (n): of undisputed origin; true; real

Genuine (n): sincerely or honestly felt or experienced

No comments:

Post a Comment