Monday, December 31, 2012

Quoteworthy: Beginnings

I'm feeling a little cruddy as I continue to recover from whatever it was that hit me over Christmas--the flucoldplaguesinusinfection monster.

So I'm taking it easy on New Year's Eve for the first time since... well, probably Kindergarten.

My first legal New Year's Eve. ID at the ready.

Today I'm thinking a lot about beginnings. I used to write a lot of resolutions for the new year--sometimes up to 50. Most were specific ("spend more time with Papa", "plan a kayaking trip") but sometimes they were general, too ("complain less", "eat more greens"). Aside from writing more, I don't have any resolutions in mind going into 2013. I'm trusting the universe with this one.

Instead, I am going to ride the coattails of the inspiration that comes from beginnings. Here are a few quotes I found to be particularly heartening. Wishing you all a healthy, happy, inspiring New Year.

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." --C.S. Lewis

"What you seek is seeking you." --Rumi

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." --Semisonic (Oh why yes, I went there.) 

"I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life--and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do." --Georgia O'Keeffe 

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." --Eames (Tom Hardy), Inception


Beginning (n): a source; an origin

Inspiration (n): a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul

Here's hoping 2013 brings you divine influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment