Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bobbi Lately

August is like Sunday. That's right, stay with me.

June is Friday. You're teeming with excitement. It's time for fun, you don't pay too much attention to time going by, you're just glad to crack a beer, let your hair down, and glide into relaxation mode.


July is Saturday. You're in it to win it. You're spending all your hard earned dough. Rock on, let's eat Mexican food and cheese fries at 3am and sit on all the patios. No time for yoga, there is fun to be had!


That's where you misstep, because you pay for it a little in August.

So...August is Sunday. You're tired, bloated, inexplicably sore, a little hung over, and you're slightly terrified to look at your bank statement. Yet you're also determined to make the most of the rest of your free time.


August, man, I did my best with you, but I have to say, I'm dragging.

I'm left with a very strong desire for a peaceful fall. Not only in the sense of slowing down significantly socially, but also emotionally and physically.

I've been thinking about how to manifest that feeling of ease and here's what I've come up with:
  • Back on the gluten- and dairy-free wagon. Digestive struggle is the worst of all struggles.
  • Lots and lots of yoga. Find the ease through a little bit of effort.
  • Baths with tea and candles. Routine to create comfort.
  • Cut myself and others a lot of slack. Space where it is needed, connection where it is not. 
  • Long walks with Henley. See the world through her gentle eyes.
  • Nights in on the weekends. Money and energy in the bank.
  • Cultivating positive thoughts. Recalibrating my default outlook.

2 comments:

  1. Can we have nights in together? Does that still count? I just want to watch girly movies and drink wine in bottles I already own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, that's exactly what I had in mind!!

    ReplyDelete