Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Things I'm Going To Stop Doing When I Turn Thirty

  • Calling the people I date "boys". I'm not sure when I'll start calling them men, but I'll concede that "boys" sounds silly. I like "guys" for starters.
  • Accepting half-love from said guys. 
  • Forgetting to refill my contact prescription and going blind for a week every fiscal quarter. 
  • Avoiding the dentist. 
  • Dreading confrontation of any sort. Confrontation is progress. Confrontation is progress...
  • Not asking for help when I need it. No need to figure everything out on your own, yo.
  • Giggling when I receive a compliment.
  • Hesitating to ask for what I want.
  • Eating cheese when I know I really shouldn't eat cheese. 
  • Minding the nay-sayers. The haters can suck it. 
  • Letting other people's moods affect me so much.

And, some things I'll never stop doing, regardless of age or sideways glances:
  • Calling my dad "Daddy". 
  • Daydreaming about being Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I mean, that library! Swoon.
  • Digging Lorde. Mah girl
  • Avoiding the phone most of the time.  
  • Giggling in general.
  • Asking my mom to make me snack. Being overwhelmingly pleased with whatever she brings me.
  • Twirling whenever I wear a twirl-worthy dress.
  • Acting like a kid in a candy store when, you know, I'm in a candy store. Or on a cruise ship. Or in Europe. Or in Bed Bath & Beyond's bedding aisle.


No comments:

Post a Comment