Friday, December 20, 2013

Epiphanies, Volume III

Volumes I & II.
  • Are you ready? Get ready, because I am about to blow your mind. Ready? Tootsie Roll-flavored coffee creamer. Am I right? I would buy that in bulk. (I Googled it. It doesn't exist. But I did find a recipe for a Tootsie Roll drink based on vodka, so, you know, win.)

  • Socrates said, "An unexamined life is not worth living." He didn't say, "Examining your life is one route to achieve happiness." or "You should stop and examine things from time to time." Nope. He said a life without reflection is not even worth it.  This is thinly-veiled justification for my over-thinking tendencies, I admit, but damn, that's some statement, Soc. 

  • On that note, Pema Chodron's notion that "Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know" is blowing my mind recently. 

  • The United States spends less money on cancer research than it does on potato chips. Think about that next time you buy a $.99 bag of Lays.

  • Winter in Chicago is no joke. It's either gonna toughen me up or make me so crabby that I just start running in the south/west direction. So far the latter is more likely. I shall arrive bundled up beyond recognition--and then I'll be crabby because I'll be too hot. In the event that this happens: West Coast friends, please gently remind me to remove my scarf. (This sweatshirt made me laugh.)

  • Music that is perfectly acceptable for treadmill purposes suddenly seems fourteen kinds of inappropriate when it comes on in other settings, like the bus, or, you know, the office. Also, 'Sup Diddy, where ya been? I've sort of missed you. #butseriouslyLudafolife

No comments:

Post a Comment