Thursday, August 1, 2013

Epiphanies, Volume II

  • The reason that entire endcap of lavender dish soap was on clearance at Target is because its confusing when your dishes smell like laundry.

  • Sometimes, 'spontaneous' really means 'flaky' and 'inconsiderate'. Like Oprah says, when people show you who they are, believe them.

  • The degree to which I look to John Mayer for assistance in pinpointing and validating my feelings is terrifying and, in most cases, highly inappropriate. Which is to say, I'm pretty much doomed.

  • When you put yourself out there, entire worlds open up that seemingly didn't exist before. Entire teams of people, entire pools of thought, entire galaxies of possibility. Life is really good when you let it be.

  • There is a fine line between good parenting and genius parenting, and I hope one day I can walk it:

... I fill you up. Let's have a PARTY.

  • Being your own best friend is infinitely harder and infinitely more rewarding when you ask yourself the hard questions--and answer them honestly. It's hard to evolve, and it hurts, but it feels really good to be on the other side of growth.

  • I'm not sure at which point you start saying, "We should meet for a drink!" instead of "What time are we going to the bar?" But I do know that no one ever means just one drink, and I find it comforting that my peers have developed this code to make themselves feel a little bit better about the trajectory of their lives evenings. Cheers, peers.

You can find my first jolt of enlightenment here.



No comments:

Post a Comment