Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

Today and every day, there is so, so much to be thankful for.
  • My mom--my biggest cheerleader, who is supportive of each and every crazy idea I conjure up. 
  • My dad--who has always made me feel like the funniest, most beautiful, smartest girl in the land.
  • My brother--who is funny, loyal and thoughtful, who lets me have my idiosyncrasies but calls me on my shit.
  • My pup--who teaches me patience, shows me unconditional love, and brightens my everyday.
  • My friends--whose blossoming lives inspire me, make me think, and show me how beautiful life is. The way that they show me what life can become, what strength looks like, and love. The wonderful men and women they have married, and the beautiful, inquisitive, curious children they have brought into the world. 
  • My family, each and every one of the crazy bunch--who show me where my place is in this world, and who, despite wanting me to be close, encourage me to explore the rest of it.
  • My health--my goodness, my health, my health, my health! I'm so thankful for the upswing, the people who show me ways to live healthier, and the people who have helped me in the meantime. 
  • My job--meaningful work, the fruition of hard work, the opportunity to make a difference.
  • My house--the independence it symbolizes, and the lessens it teaches me. And the hot tub, because, yeah. 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment