Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Work In Progress

It's been 7 weeks since I closed on the house, and thanks to one rather daunting, albeit self-imposed deadline (a New Year's Eve party), I've made some definite progress! So far I've redecorated the bathroom and dining room, installed a door to close off the entryway, and painted the floor in my spare bedroom/office/closet.

I promise to post some 'before' and 'after' photos this weekend. I borrowed my parents' camera (and, really, let's be honest, they're going to have to ask for it when they want it back!) so I can take some better shots. I lost my camera cord sometime during one of the two times I moved in the past 4 months, so if I wanted to share photos, I had to bring my memory card to Target, wait for them to burn a CD and then load them on the computer. Which might explain why my most recent Facebook avatar is a picture from a wedding from 2009. Yup.

Most of my 'before' shots for the bathroom and dining room are from my blackberry. So I apologize in advance for your having to squint and relax your eyes like it's one of those 3D image books from the 90s. (On a somewhat related note, I just spent way too much time at http://www.eyetricks.com/... apparently I do not have the stereogram gene.)

If there's one thing I've learned from this process, it is that while I may be mostly Irish and French, the Finn in me can just run amok. I am stu-bborn. And impulsive. And very impatient. At first I wanted to stone anyone who said any variation of "It'll come in time" or "Let it be a work in progress!" but I am coming around to that idea. Or, rather, I am coming around to the idea that my handymen (dad and brotherbear) are going to go on strike if I don't slow down a tad.

I do have one important photo that I forgot to post -- the outside! Behold:




I still kind of get butterflies when I see that photo. I'm in love, what can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment